Saturday 4 June 2011

Final printed copies of Fuss








So, after weeks of running back and forth to uni and many long days in the workshop, I finally completed 47 perfect copies of Fuss magazine. I must admit I didn't realise how many processes were involved in physically putting together a print magazine, but now I pretty much feel like a pro! After folding all pages using a machine, then cutting them using a huge guillotine, I was able to start binding. Binding the magazine involved 6 layers of glue and a layer of muslin, which was then left to dry. Then, the copies were separated and the covers were folded and glued on. All copies were then left to dry before finally being cut down to size. (Thank you again to Scott the technician who was such a big help!). It was such a good feeling seeing all the copies in print, and I must say the online version definately doesnt do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment